Maintenance Assistant - Mid Shift
- - Facilities
- Sarasota, FL, USA
- Full Time
- MyUS Benefits Package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life, PTO, Holiday, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, and catered meals
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS! $250 PAID AT 30 DAYS AND $250 PAID AT 180 DAYS. TO BE ELIGIBLE, CANDIDATES MUST BE OFFERED A POSITION AND BEGIN WORK BETWEEN 08/01/2020 AND 08/31/2020.
MyUS.com is seeking a full-time Maintenance Assistant I that will be responsible for maintaining the warehouse and office facilities to ensure a safe and effective work environment for our team members, vendors, and customers, as well as overseeing the employee shuttle service. The Maintenance Assistant I will report to Facilities Management in our organization. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. Position is subject to mandatory overtime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets and greets all team members/guests of our facility in a friendly and professional manner, responsible for escorting members/guests within our facility grounds to the overflow parking lot
- Ensures the shuttle is properly attended to, stored, cleaned and fueled, reports necessary repairs timely
- Perform a variety of general building maintenance repairs and services for both our facility and our equipment
- Assists with luncheon or dinner set-up and clean-up as necessary
- Ensures grounds and parking lots are free of litter, glass and other debris
- Stocks cleaning and toiletry supplies, along with paper products as necessary
- Delivers and stores all facility and office supplies, maintains delivery schedule
- Supports janitorial staff with facility cleaning.
- Maintain current knowledge of operational hours, security, and facility grounds
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, state, and federal guidelines
- Exude exemplary customer service and consistently maintain a positive attitude
- Carry a company cell phone as required for on-call employee shuttle service
- Other assigned duties as required by management
COMPETENCIES, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and equipment in a warehouse facility
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety standards, OSHA guidelines to be understood within 60 days of hire
- Knowledge of proper use of storage and disposal for cleaning chemicals
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Ability to follow and carry out instruction with excellent attention to detail
- Positive and professional interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication and can implement directions clearly
- Ability to lift 20-40 pounds frequently and up to 50-100 pounds on occasion with assistance
- Ability to work outdoors with fluctuating temperatures
- Ability to work in an open warehouse environment with fluctuating temperatures
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Driver's License and clean MVR
- 1-year general facility maintenance and custodial experience
- Shuttle and golf cart experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook Suite
- Position requires MVR screening as well as background and drug screening
MORE ABOUT MYUS.COM:
For over 20 years, consumers around the globe have trusted MyUS.com to provide a simple, reliable way to shop US online stores and ship their purchases worldwide. We deliver a streamlined and cost-effective shopping and shipping experience to 550,000+ members in 220 countries and territories.
MyUS has been named to Inc. magazine's 5000 fastest-growing private companies six times since 2008, and for good reason. As the first and largest company in the industry, MyUS receives and ships over $260 million in eCommerce purchases annually, with hundreds of new members joining every day.
Only MyUS has the resources, expertise, customer dedication and global experience to make shopping and shipping from the US consistently fast, dependable and affordable. MyUS locations include its corporate distribution and operations facility in Sarasota, Florida, and a Marketing office located in downtown Chicago.