- - Information Technology
- Miami, FL, USA
- Full Time
- MyUS Benefits Package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life, PTO, Holiday, 401K, and Tuition Reimbursement
MyUS.com is looking for an experienced Senior Developer to join our highly collaborative and energetic team. MyUS continues to experience tremendous growth, and this key position will play a pivotal role as we expand our business globally. The Senior Developer will have a desire to excel and contribute in a high-impact organization, and will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing the ongoing processes. The ideal candidate will have experience driving change at a large organization and be able to manage multiple projects at any given time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design blueprints
- Develop custom features in Visual Studio based on specifications and technical designs
- Operate within the dynamics of a team; exercise proper etiquette and citizenship during "team development" sprints
- Providing direction on the best web development, application, and testing frameworks to leverage for implementing the required design such as jQuery, REST API, Node.js, Knockout, Ninject
- Create server-side functionality using object-oriented design principles
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation
- Build and automate deployment of RESTful APIs for distributed, highly scalable solution
- Design, Implement, Review, Repair, and Improve Existing Code
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
- Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM) with different tools such as Entity Framework and LINQ
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server
- Experience with multi-threaded programming techniques
- Experience developing in Framework .NET Core 5.0
- 5+ years of Software Engineering focused on Web-based enterprise applications supporting high volume and fault tolerant solutions
- 5+ years of experience using C# and Razor syntax. Experience programming web applications using ASP.NET using the MVC framework
- 5+ years of building applications, preferably backend services with REST based APIs
- BA/BS in Information Systems Technology or similar field
- Experience Developing Xamarin applications for internal use
- Experience Developing in AngularJS
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus
- Experience with Client-side browser development using jQuery, Knockout; emphasis on Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies
- Experience with clouds, distributed systems, identity management a plus
- Experience with Identity and User management, SSO, SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID, etc.
- Experience with ESB (Enterprise Service Bus)
- Ability to Develop, write and modify SQL Server 2016+ Stored Procedures
- Solid understanding of web related protocols and standards, such as HTTP, SSL, REST and JSON
- Solid Understanding of IoC (Inversion of Control) and DI (Dependency Injection)
- Testing API performance and security and optimizing as needed
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Self-motivated, able, and willing to help where help is needed
- Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, have learning agility
This position reports to our IT Leadership team within the Sarasota area. Due to Covid-19, this position is currently remote. Relocation is not offered. Only candidates residing within the states of Florida or Illinois will be considered. This remote position will require you to independently have access to high speed internet as well as a distraction free workspace within your home.
MyUS was originally conceived as a means for expatriates to receive U.S. catalogs and mail overseas. This simple idea flourished, and quickly grew into a pioneering global company that opened US retail channels to international shoppers.
For 20 years, consumers around the globe have trusted MyUS to provide a simple, reliable way to shop US online stores and ship their purchases worldwide. We deliver a streamlined and cost-effective shopping experience and shipping experience to 550,000+ members in 220 countries and territories.
MyUS has been named to Inc. magazine's 5000 fastest-growing private companies six times since 2008, and for good reason. As the first and largest company in the industry, MyUS receives and ships over $292 million in eCommerce purchases annually, with hundreds of new members joining every day.
Only MyUS has the resources, expertise, customer dedication and global experience to make shopping and shipping from the US consistently fast, dependable and affordable. MyUS locations include its corporate distribution and operations facility in Sarasota, Florida, and our Marketing team located within downtown Chicago.